Professor J is vacationing and taking in a prophecy conference or two! This summer vacation series of blogs is meant to encourage you to read, listen to, study, and become knowledgeable about end times prophecy, and to encourage you to discuss your findings with others. The ultimate goal of summer series of blogs is to bring you to a closer relationship with the one Hebrew names: Yeshua Ha’Mashiach. Yeshua’s return is imminent – the season of His return is upon us.
The Backbone of Discovery – Parallels, Patterns, Pictures, and Types
Parallels, patterns, pictures, and types are the backbone of scripture, which informs us that prophetic patterns are cyclical: what has happened in the past is bound to happen in the future!
Ecclesiastes 1:9 – “What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.”
Ecclesiastes 3:15 – “Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and Yahweh will call the past to account.”
Patterns are quite frequently noted in scripture. The tabernacle and its instruments are formed after the heavenly pattern (Exodus 25:9-40, Numbers 8:4). In 1 Chronicles 28:19 David proclaims that the entire Temple pattern was given to him by the spirit. Hebrews 8:5 puts it this way: “They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven.” This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” Yeshua is the pattern that we are to follow (1 Timothy 1:16), and we in turn are In all things to show ourselves a pattern of good works (Titus 2:7).
Another word for pattern is shadow: (see Hebrews 8:5, above)
• Colossians 2:16-17 speaks of the holy days as mere shadows of that which is to come.
• Hebrews 10:1 speaks of the law as a shadow of the good things to come.
• Yeshua had to be lifted up just as the serpent was lifted up (John 3:14-15). The bronze serpent was a shadow — those who looked to the bronze serpent were healed of disease. All who look to Yeshua are given eternal life.
The third word that can also be translated “pattern” is the word example. Jude 1:7 tells us that Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Parallels and patterns are one of the methods that Yahweh uses to teach us. Romans 15:4 states: “It is written that ‘Everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction’ …so that we may have hope.” 1 Corinthians 10:11 mirrors this.
Parallels, Patterns, Pictures — People
The First And Second Adam
The First Adam (Adam)
• Adam was created by Yahweh without the seed of man
• Adam was called the son of God
• Adam was given dominion over the earth
• Adam sinned in a garden
• Satan came in the form of a serpent to Adam and destroyed fellowship with God
• Adam was made a living soul
• In Adam all die
The Second Adam (Yeshua)
□ Yeshua was also created – born of a virgin
□ Yeshua was also called the Son of God
□ Yeshua was given dominion over Satan’s kingdom
□ Yeshua had sin placed on him in a garden (became sin)
□ Yeshua became the image of the Serpent on the pole and restored fellowship with God
□ Yeshua is a quickening spirit
□ In Yeshua all live
Eve And The Church
• Eve is Adam’s wife
• Eve Came forth from Adam (i.e. Adam gave life to Eve)
• Eve’s sin was accounted to Adam
• Eve Was taken from Adam’s side
• Adam calls her the mother of all the living
• Adam shows the love of a husband for his wife
□ The church is the bride of Yeshua
□ Yeshua gave life to the church
□ Our sin was placed on Yeshua
□ Yeshua bled from His side
□ Yeshua is the head of the church
□ Yeshua shows his love of and for the church
Able And Cain, A Parallel To The True And False Church. (Genesis 4:3-4).
Able and Cain point to the true church and the false church. The true church knows that salvation comes by grace and that a blood sacrifice is necessary to atone for sin (Leviticus 17:11). The false church believes that a person can obtain salvation according to his works. Cain brought a grain offering to Yahweh – an offering according to his works. Able not only brought a grain offering, but also brought a blood offering –
Able and the True Church
• Able brought an offering of the works of his hands – a grain offering
• Able also brought to Yahweh a blood offering of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat – a slain lamb, the chatta’ath [חַטָּאת H2403b]
Cain and the False Church
□ Cain brought an offering of the works of his hands – a grain offering
□ Cain refused to accept the offering for sin (the chatta’ath) that lay at his feet
Parallels, patterns, pictures, and types are the backbone of scripture, are cyclical and give us many ways to understand current history and what the future holds. Scripture often uses people to portray Biblical truths that may not be fulfilled until later in history.
The Summer Series
Summer Series 1
Summer Series 3
Summer Series 4
The Fall Series
Fall Series 1
Fall Series 2