Genesis 1:14 – “And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.”
Joel 2:31 – “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.”
Several people have written or emailed asking about the meaning of the tetrad of Blood Moons occurring this year and next year. It has been said that a solar eclipse denotes the judgment of Yahweh upon the nations, blood moons denote the judgment of Yahweh upon the nation of Israel, and that a solar eclipse occurring in the midst of four blood moons denotes the judgment of Yahweh upon the world. Given that the sun and moon are Yahweh’s signs that signal important events, something eventful must be in the offing. Scripture, however, gives us no definitive answer to why these tetrad eclipses are occurring at this time, so all we can do is speculate based on past happenings around previous tetrads.
What We Know
Mark Biltz of El Shaddai Ministries has studied this phenomenon and has noted that a series of four total lunar eclipses in a row over a two year period of time, especially when they also include total solar eclipses, is extremely rare. Eighty seven tetrads have occurred since the resurrection and rapture of Yeshua, but only seven have fallen on Jewish feast days This year and next year will be the eighth time this has happened.
• A Tetrad with a total solar eclipse within its series is very rare.
• A Tetrad with a total solar eclipse that is significant to Israel’s history and Jewish Feast days is very, very rare.
• A Tetrad with a total solar eclipse historically significant to Israel and Jewish Feast days that includes a Shemittah year is very, very, very rare.
• But a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse, historically significant to Israel, falling on Jewish Feast days, and including a Shemittah year that corresponds with Yom Teruah (the Feast of Trumpets / Rosh Hashanah) is astronomically rare!
2014 is the sixth year of the seven year Shemittah [שְׁמִטָּהH8059] cycle (Exodus 19:13 and Leviticus 25:3-10). Yom Teruah this year starts off the seventh year. In 2015, a solar eclipse happens on Yom Teruah, followed two weeks later by a Blood Moon on Sukkot. The last blood moon of the series will be a super moon that is viewable from Jerusalem and Israel, as opposed to this year when the blood moon was primarily viewable from the American continents and nations. The dates are as follows:
• 1st Blood Moon: April 15, 2014 – Pesach (Passover)
• 2nd Blood Moon: October 08, 2014 – Sukkoth (Tabernacles / Booths)
• 1st Solar Eclipse: March 20, 2015 – Nisan 1 (first day of year)
• 3rd Blood Moon: April 04, 2015 – Pesach (Passover)
• 2nd Solar Eclipse: September 13, 2015 – Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets / Rosh Hashanah)
• 4th Blood Moon: September 28, 2015 – Sukkoth (Tabernacles / Booths) – A super moon!
The last three tetrads that fell on Jewish feast days occurred at times when significant events were happening among the Jewish people:
• 1493-1494 — This tetrad followed the expulsion of the Jews from Spain in 1492 and the (re-)discovery of America by Christopher Columbus. America became a safe haven for the Jews and remains so to this day.
• 1949-1950 — This tetrad followed the re-establishment of the state of Israel in 1948 and corresponds to the time of the institution of its government.
• 1967-1968 — The beginning of this tetrad occurred right before the beginning of the Six Day war in 1967.
• The other four tetrads occurred in: 162-163, 795-796, 842-843, and 860-861.
A Possible Chronology
We know that we are in the season of Yeshua’s return:
• The fig tree, and all the trees, have budded.
• The Jews are back in the land of Canaan and Israel is once again a nation.
• Israel, and especially Jerusalem, have become a burdensome stone to all nations.
• The nations of the world are doing their best to divide the land.
• War will come and Israel will be protected by Yahweh, not by its allies.
Below is a possible chronology that may come to pass, or may not –I do NOT set dates. The following is not to be taken as chronology set in stone by Yahweh and Yeshua, but simply as one of many possibilities for the meaning of this series of tetrads. The actual chronology is only known to Yahweh. That being said, let’s forge ahead and look at some possible events that the blood moons tetrad may be announcing and which could happen in the very near future:
• The Bride of Christ is raptured on Yom Teruah at the sounding of the last trump (1 Corinthians 15:52). It is now incumbent upon the Jews to complete the six tasks given them in Daniel 9:24.
• Israel takes matters into its own hands and war commences. Hamas and Hezbollah are eliminated (Psalm 83 and Zephaniah 2). Elam (Southern Iran) is bombed and loses its nuclear arsenal (Jeremiah 49:35-36). Damascus is utterly destroyed (Jeremiah 49 and Isaiah 17). Egypt begins its decline (Ezekiel 30 and Isaiah 19).
• Israel wins the war against its enemies and believes it is now living in security. Russia along with Iran, Germany, and its allies invades. Yahweh intervenes and 5/6 of the invading army is destroyed (Ezekiel 38).
• The United States was devastated by the loss of the Christians and quickly fell under the purview of the One World Government. It is no longer the superpower world-wide police force that it had been for many decades. Along with the other western nations, it can only give a weak protest to the above invasion (Ezekiel 38:13).
• The antichrist is revealed and confirms the seven year treaty with Israel. The Third Temple is constructed and the sacrifices begin. The Great Tribulation period starts three years later. (Daniel 9, Matthew 24, Revelation 2).
Blood moons and sackcloth suns denote the judgment of Yahweh upon Israel, the nations, and the world. Given that the sun and moon are Yahweh’s signs that signal important events, something tremendously eventful must be in the offing. Scripture, however, gives us no definitive answer to why these tetrad eclipses are occurring at this time, so all we can do is speculate based on past happenings around previous tetrads. We can NOT set dates.
Not only does this current tetrad include an eclipse on Sukkoth, but that eclipse is a super moon. According to NASA, this total blood moon on 9/28/15 will be at perigee – meaning it will be a super moon – and seen in Jerusalem during the feast of Sukkoth while the Jewish people will be dwelling outside in their sukkahs looking up toward the heavens!
The Four Blood Moons of 2014–2015 tell us that God is getting ready to change the course of human history once again. God is clearly giving us signs but has not yet revealed the exact timing. We do NOT set dates. The questions that must be asked, however, are: “Are we watching and listening? Are we about to see the rapture of the Bride of Christ, the Psalm 83 war, the war of Gog of Magog, and the beginning of the seven year Tribulation period?” Only time will tell.
Prophecy continues to unfold as foretold by the Hebrew prophets. The stage is being set. History is moving extremely quickly towards the prophesied one world government, the one world financial system, and the rise of both the Antichrist and the False Prophet. The birth pangs are just over the horizon. Yeshua Ha’Mashiach is coming soon – get busy reaching the lost.