The Rapture Patterns – Yahweh’s H’s, R’s, and D’s
Psalm 104:19 – “He made the moon for the seasons; The sun knows the place of its setting.”
Isaiah 45:18 – “Yahweh formed the Earth and made it; he established it; he created it not a chaos . . .”
1 Corinthians 14:33-40 – “Yahweh is not the author of disorder or chaos . . . therefore all things should be done decently and in order.”
All that Yahweh has made and ordained has a pattern. The sun, moon, and stars follow the courses he has established. The Earth orbits the sun. The seed is planted, grows, and produces more seed. Order, arrangement, and patterns are all part of Yahweh’s way of doing things – he is not the god of chaos. One of those patterns I’ve discovered is the pattern of Harpazo, Heralding, and Havoc; Rapture, Revelation, and Ruination; or if you prefer, Departure, Dialog, and Destruction, all of which describe the Rapture before the Tribulation Period. A brief synopsis of those patterns is:
Harpazo / Rapture / Departure
The primary witness who represents the Bride of Yeshua is raptured out – taken from the earth – removed from the coming disaster.
Heralding / Revelation / Dialogue
Other individuals continue to minister to the people and warn of coming disaster.
Havoc / Ruination / Devastation
The period of destruction begins, but some are protected during the disaster period.
Pattern One: Enoch
Genesis 5:24 – “Enoch walked with Yahweh; and he was not, for Yahweh took him.”
Enoch represents the Bride of Yeshua who is raptured to Heaven to be with Yahweh before disaster strikes. Methuselah and Lamech represent those who continue to minister to the people before the time of disaster – the flood. The people who perish in the flood represent those who refuse to listen to Yahweh’s warnings. Noah represents the remnant Jews who are protected during the time of the disaster, during the time of the Tribulation.
The H’s, R’s, and D’s:
• Harpazo/Rapture/Departure: Enoch after witnessing for over 300 years is raptured out – he is taken from the Earth – removed from the coming disaster.
• Heralding/Revelation/Dialogue: Other individuals continue to minister to the people and warn of coming disaster.
• Havoc/Ruination/Destruction: The flood begins, but Noah is protected during the disaster period.
Pattern Two: Elijah
2 Kings 2:11 – “Elijah went up by a whirlwind to Heaven.”
Elijah represents the Bride of Yeshua who is raptured to Heaven to be with Yahweh before disaster strikes. Elisha represents those who continue to minister to the people before the time of disaster – the time of judgment against Israel. The people of both Northern Israel and Southern Judah who are forcibly removed represent those who refuse to listen to Yahweh’s warnings and who suffer or perish during the time of judgment. The Jews who willingly traveled to Babylon represent the remnant who are protected during the time of the Tribulation.
The H’s, R’s, and D’s:
• Harpazo/Rapture/Departure: Elijah witnesses for years then is raptured out – taken from the Earth – removed from the coming disaster.
• Heralding/Revelation/Dialogue: Elisha and others continue to minister to the people and warn of coming disaster.
• Havoc/Ruination/Destruction: The destruction of both Northern Israel and Southern Judah begins, but many Jews are protected during the disaster period by traveling to Babylon.
Pattern Three: Yeshua
Mark 16:19 – “So then, after he had spoken to them, the Lord Yeshua was taken up into heaven and sat at the right hand of Yahweh.”
Luke 24:51 – “As he was blessing them, he withdrew from them and was carried up into heaven.”
Acts 1:9 – “And when Yeshua had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.”
Yeshua is raptured, the disciples continue to minister to the people for around 40 years and warn of coming disaster, then the Temple is destroyed, but many believers are protected during the disaster period by traveling to other lands and nations.
The H’s, R’s, and D’s:
• Harpazo/Removal/Departure: Yeshua and the Holy Ones who came out of the graves witness for forty days after his resurrection then Yeshua is raptured out – taken from the Earth – removed from the coming disaster.
• Heralding/Revelation/Dialogue: Peter, the Apostles and others continue to minister to the people and warn of coming disaster.
• Havoc/Ruination/Destruction: The destruction of the temple takes place in 70AD and the Jews are scattered to all nations of the earth, but many believers are protected during the disaster period by traveling to other lands and nations before the Temple falls.
Pattern Four: The Bride of Yeshua
2 Thessalonians 2:3 –“Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the departure comes first.”
The removal the Bride of Yeshua takes place first, then the lawless one, or man of lawlessness, is revealed. The 144,000 witnesses, Angels in the sky, and the Two witnesses continue to minister and finally The Wrath of Yahweh is fully poured out upon the unbelieving during the time of Great Tribulation.
The H’s, R’s, and D’s:
• Harpazo/Removal/Departure: The Bride of Yeshua is raptured.
• Heralding/Revelation/Dialogue: The Bride herself may be given forty days to witness just as Yeshua and the Holy Ones did before the lawless one, or man of lawlessness, is revealed. The Two Witnesses of Revelation, the 144,000 Jewish evangelists and the angels in mid-heaven all continue to minister to the people and warn of coming disaster.
• Havoc/Ruination/Destruction: • The Great and Terrible day begins, but the remnant Jews who escape to the mountains are protected during the remainder of the disaster period.
Pattern Five: The Moedim
Numbers 10:1-ff – “Blow the trumpets, gather together, and be saved from your enemies.” (Synopsis)
The moed of Yom Teruah represents the day of the resurrection of the righteous dead and the taking up of the living righteous, the day of hiding and concealment before the time of tribulation (The Rapture). Many will perish or suffer in the tribulation period and represent those who refused to listen to Yahweh’s warnings before the rapture took place. Yom Kippurim represents the Tribulation period and time of protection for those who are willing to accept it. The people who escape to the mountains when the abomination of desolation is revealed represent the remnant who are protected during the remaining time of the Tribulation.
The H’s, R’s, and D’s:
• Harpazo/Rapture/Departure: Yom Teruah (the Feast of Trumpets) is the first moedim that is yet to be fulfilled. The dead are raised and the Bride of Yeshua is raptured (1 Corinthians 15:52, 1 & 2 Thessalonians) – removed from the coming disaster – the Day of Yahweh, Daniel’s Seventieth Week, the Time Of Jacob’s Trouble, the seven years of tribulation.
• Heralding/Revelation/Dialogue: The Two Witnesses (Revelation 2), the 144,000 Jewish evangelists (Revelation 7), and the angel in mid-heaven (Revelation 8) all continue to minister to the people and warn of coming disaster.
• Havoc/Ruination/Destruction: Yom Kippurim is the second moedim that is yet to be fulfilled. The Great and Terrible day begins, but a remnant are protected during the remainder of the disaster period.
Pattern Six: Paul’s Writings
2 Thessalonians 2:3 – “The Day of Yahweh will not come unless the departure comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed.”
The actual Greek is thus: apostasia erchomai proton [ἀποστασία G646 ἔρχομαι G2064 πρῶτον G4413]. Proton means: the first in time or place in a succession of things or persons. The literal English translation reads: departure comes first.
The H’s, R’s, and D’s:
• Harpazo/Rapture/Departure: The departure is first in the series of events.
• Heralding/Revelation/Dialogue: The lawless one revealed is the second in the series of events.
• Havoc/Ruination/Destruction: Lastly, the Day of Yahweh begins.
Pattern Seven: The Pattern of Forty
Forty is a key number in scripture. The Hebrew slaves took forty years between their “resurrection” from the graves of Egypt to get “raptured’ to the promised land. This first mention of forty after “resurrection” sets the pattern. Yeshua (and the Holy Ones) spent forty days witnessing after his resurrection before he was raptured (second mention of forty). So we have a pattern of forty connected to resurrection, then rapture.
The Patterns Thus Far Hold True
The rapture patterns of scripture set the stage for future similar events. On this there is much agreement.
● The Pattern Of Bodily Raptures has thus far held true and we are told it will hold true for the Two Witnesses of Revelation – it will undoubtedly hold true for other similar future events.
● The Pattern Of Forty has thus far held true – it will undoubtedly hold true for similar future events.
Pattern Eight: The Pattern of the Jewish Bride
A Jewish Wedding Ceremony is full of significant rituals and is a perfect prophetic parallel of the coming of Yeshua to take his church to be his Bride, a dress rehearsal for The Rapture. The patterns of leaving the father’s home to find a bride, paying the bride price, and returning to build an addition have thus far all held true. When the Jewish Father tells his son to go get his bride, the bridegroom and his friends go to a place near her home and then carry her from her house to his in full view of all the neighbors who have been awakened by their shouting and blowing of the shofars and who are now watching the procession.
● It is a safe bet to believe that those who are resurrected or still living in Yeshua when our Heavenly Father gives Yeshua permission to go get his bride will also have a time of witnessing before their rapture, shall we say —– forty days? – that’s what the Patterns of Forty indicate!
● It is a safe bet to believe that when Yahweh gives Yeshua permission to go get his bride his Bride will also be clearly visible as they are taken up – that’s what both the Pattern of Bodily Raptures and the Pattern of The Jewish Bride indicate!
I Have A Question: Why The Disconnect?
Hosea 12:10 – “I have spoken to the prophets; it was I who gave vision after vision; through the prophets I gave examples to show what it would all be like.”
Romans 15:4 – “It is written that ‘Everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction’ …so that we may have hope.”
1 Corinthians 10:11 – “These things happened to them as patterns, and they were written down as a warning to us who are living in the end of the ages.”
The patterns hold true throughout history, both past and future. Scripture interprets scripture and says: x and y are given as examples. The patterns indicate that past patterns will be similar in the future. So, then, why do so many teach that the patterns do not apply to the rapture of the Bride of Yeshua? Why the disconnect? Can you give me an answer to this conundrum?
Parallels and patterns are one of the methods that Yahweh uses to teach us, as stated in both the Romans and Corinthians passages above. Patterns set the stage for future similar events, and these initial patterns are essential for understanding Yahweh’s message. With this statement scholars, teachers, pastors, and lay people are in agreement and there is little to no disagreement, no disconnect, except when it comes to the rapture patterns.
This failure to apply the same standard to all the above patterns is impossible for me to understand! If the patterns of Abraham, Isaac, Yeshua; Joseph and Yeshua; Joshua and Yeshua; Ruth, Boaz, and Yeshua; The Bronze Serpent; Melchizedek; Destruction; and Forty all hold true, then how dare we then dismiss the patterns of Bodily Raptures and the Jewish Bride and teach that these patterns will not hold true as well? Why the disconnect? Can you give me an answer to this conundrum? Is Yahweh schizophrenic? I think not. What do you say?
1 Thessalonians 5:4-9 – “But you, fellow believer in Yeshua, are not in darkness, that the Day of Yahweh should overtake you as a thief . . . For Yahweh has not appointed you to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Yeshua Ha’Mashiach.”
Yahweh is not a god of disorder and chaos, but a god of order and organization. He establishes a pattern and in him there is no change (Psalm 55:19). The rapture, or if you prefer, the rapture, is always the first in the series of events that is displayed by the patterns.
And just what does that little word, salvation [sōtēria σωτηρία G4991] mean? It means deliverance from! Not deliverance through, not deliverance in, but deliverance from!.” There is NO hope in looking for the coming of Satan and his antichrist. There is NO hope looking for rape, robbery, ruin, and murder — and that is what Satan and the lawless one brings. Stop looking for this person. Start looking instead for Yeshua who brings salvation, who brings deliverance from these things.
Yahweh is consistent, timely, orderly, unchanging, and the scriptures display a consistent pattern of rapture before tribulation – a pre-tribulation rapture. Again, the pattern is: rapture, revelation, ruination. The pattern is: departure, dialogue, destruction. Noah, Elijah, the Bride of Yeshua are all raptured first. A time of continued warning ensues, then the disaster strikes.
We are always to be ready for Yeshua to return. Are you ready? If not, then get ready. Exercise whatever time you have to repent and trust Yeshua for your eternal salvation. Do not test Yahweh’s patience and wait too long – the dress rehearsals will not continue much longer.