The Rapture Crown – The Crown of Righteousness
1 Corinthians 9:24 – “In a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the crown.”
There are five crowns mentioned in scripture:
• The Incorruptible Crown: the crown of self control and victory in the Christian life (1 Corinthians 9:24-27),
• The Crown of Rejoicing: the crown of evangelism and soul winning (Philippians 4:1),
• The Crown of Righteousness: the crown of those who look longingly for Yeshua’s appearing (2 Timothy 4:8),
• The Crown of Glory: the crown of those who faithfully oversee the flock as pastors, elders, leaders (1 Peter 5:2-4),
• The Crown of Life: the crown of endurance through trials and persecutions for the sake of Yeshua (James 1:12).
It is the third crown, the Crown of Righteousness that we examine today.
The Rapture Crown
2 Timothy 4:8 – “From now on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which Yeshua, the righteous judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have longed for his appearing.”
Scripture calls this the Crown of Righteousness. I call it the Rapture Crown! This crown is the easiest crown of all to win – no winning souls, no endurance needed, no pasturing, no victory over sins – just look longingly for the return of Yeshua in the clouds! Sound simple, right? Let’s find out:
Scripture tells us that:
• Yeshua is coming will come and will not delay (Hebrews 10:37),
• Yeshua will appear a second time to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him (Hebrews 9:28),
• Yeshua is not slow in returning (2 Peter 3:8-10),
• Yeshua is standing at the door (James 5:7-9),
• Yeshua will judge everyone and convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts when he returns (Jude 1:14-15)
• Yeshua is coming soon (Revelation 22:12-13, 22:20-21).
Scripture also has a lot to say about the searchers:
• The searchers eagerly wait for Yeshua Ha’Mashiach to be revealed (1 Corinthians 1:7),
• The searchers eagerly await a Savior from heaven (Philippians 3:20),
• The searchers take joy in Yeshua’s presence when he comes (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20),
• The searchers Strengthen and encourage each other until he comes (1 Thessalonians 3:13, Hebrews 10:25),
• The searchers look longingly for the return of Yeshua Ha’Mashiach (2 Timothy 4:8),
• The searchers prepare their minds and fully hope for Yeshua’s revealing (1 Peter 1:13),
• The searchers rejoice in their present suffering until he is revealed. (1 Peter 4:13),
• The searchers will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away when Yeshua returns (1 Peter 5:4),
• The searchers wait for the blessed hope–the appearing of Yeshua Ha’Mashiach (Titus 2:13),
• The searchers are confident and unashamed before him at his coming (1 John 2:28)
• The searchers purify themselves in preparation for his appearing (1 John 3:2-3)
The Rapture Crown, called the Crown of Righteousness by Paul, is only available for those who are longingly waiting for Yeshua to appear, for those who prepare and encourage one another until that time. Only those who live in conformity to Yahweh’s commands, who have their minds transformed, and who willing follow Yeshua are amongst the many who are looking for his appearing.
These people are the searchers who:
• Preach the word; reprove, rebuke, and exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2),
• Endure afflictions and do the work of an evangelist (2 Timothy 4:5),
• Fight the good fight, finish the course, and keep the faith (2 Timothy 4:7).
The rest of the people simply aren’t interested, they are the scoffers who:
• Will not endure sound doctrine, listen to fables, and have itching ears (2 Timothy 4:3-4), and
• Grouse: “So, where is he? It’s been ages and same old same old. Where is the promised coming?” (2 Peter 3:3).
I pray that you will be one of the searchers who receives the Rapture Crown – the Crown of Righteousness!
We are always to be ready for Yeshua to return. Are you ready? If not, then get ready. Exercise whatever time you have to repent and trust Yeshua for your eternal salvation. Do not test Yahweh’s patience and wait too long – the dress rehearsals will not continue much longer. May Yom Teruah this year be fulfilled in the resurrection of the dead and the rapture of Yeshua’s Bride.