John 5:22 – “The Father judges no man, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son.”
Luke 4:21 – “Today, as you heard it read, this passage of the Tanakh was fulfilled.”
The word judges is the Greek word krino [κρίνω G2919] which means to decide, try, condemn, punish, avenge, or judge. There is NO other judge besides Yeshua according to scripture. Yeshua combines Isaiah 35:5, 58:6 and 61:1-2a when he says to the people in his local synagogue that the Isaiah passages has been fulfilled.
But wait, the Isaiah 61:2b passage goes on to say: “to proclaim . . . the day of vengeance of Elohim.” Elohim is Yahweh, God The Father, Yeshua, God the Son, and the Ruach Ha’Kodesh, God the Holy Spirit. Which brings us to Revelation, chapter five!
Scrolls and Judgments
Revelation 5:1 – “I saw . . . a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.”
John the apostle has been caught up to Heaven in the spirit and sees Yahweh sitting on his throne, holding a scroll. And no one is found who can open it, so John thinks (5:3). However, the scriptures continue and inform us that the “Lion of Judah, the Root of Jesse, has indeed won the right to open it (5:4-5). This is none other than Yeshua, the one unto whom all judgment has been entrusted. And it is Yeshua who breaks those seven seals:
- Yeshua breaks the first Seal. One of the four living beings speaks in a thundering voice. The white horse departs – the antichrist is let loose upon the earth (6:1-2).
- Yeshua breaks the second Seal. One of the four living beings speaks in a thundering voice. The red horse departs – peace is removed and mass killing ensues (6:3-4).
- Yeshua breaks the third Seal. One of the four living beings speaks in a thundering voice. The black horse departs – famine and pestilence ensues (6:5-6).
- Yeshua breaks the fourth Seal. One of the four living beings speaks in a thundering voice. The pale horse departs – Thanatos (death) goes forth and Hades (hell) follows him (6:7-8).
- Yeshua breaks the fifth Seal. The people who were slain for witnessing to Yeshua cry out in a megavoice (6:9-11)!
- Yeshua breaks the sixth Seal. Earthquakes ensue, the sun turns dark, the moon turns blood red, mountains and islands move out of their normal places. The sky (veil between heaven and earth) splits open (6:12-15).
Who Is Responsible
Revelation 6:15-17 – “Then . . . everyone hid himself . . . and said to the mountains and rocks, ‘Fall on us, and hide us from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb! For the Great Day of their fury has come, and who can stand’?”
The people on earth get it. It is the One sitting on the throne, Yahweh, and the Lamb, Yeshua, who have been and continue to vent their fury upon the earth. It is Yeshua who is fulfilling the Isaiah 61:2b prophecy, who is delivering the day of vengeance of Elohim. It is Yeshua who is meting out Elohim’s wrath, who is exacting his vengeance.
Isaiah 13:3 – “I have ordered my holy ones, summoned my gibborim, eager and bold, to execute my wrath.”
Scripture clearly teaches that it is God Almighty, Yahweh and Yeshua who pour out their wrath. Satan and his minions, both fallen angels and human, are merely instruments that Yahweh uses during the Tribulation Period to pour out his wrath. Isaiah 13:3 even informs us that not only are angels involved, but so are the gibborim, those pesky giants, the Nephilim, the ancient heroes, also known as the men of renown, exactly as stated in Revelation 6:7-8.
It is NOT man’s wrath, and it is NOT Satan’s wrath. Anyone who teaches the falsehood that the wrath comes from man or from Satan is a deceiver, just like Satan. Do not listen to their lies.
The great day of Yahweh is getting really near, even at the door. It hastens forth and will not delay. We do NOT set dates, but clearly Yahweh is getting ready to change the course of human history once again. The signs are clear for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.