The War of Gog and Magog (Ezekiel Chapters 38 and 39)
Ezekiel 38:8 – “After many days you shall be visited: in the latter years you shall come into the land that is brought back from the sword . . .”
The question has been asked: “Are the prophecies in Ezekiel being fulfilled right now?” Admittedly, conditions in the Middle East have never been so ripe for Ezekiel’s War of Gog and Magog to occur, but at this time the incursions into Syria by Russia, Turkey, and Iran appears to be yet more stage setting rather than Ezekiel’s prophesied war.
Oil and Gas in Israel According to Scripture
Genesis 49:125 – “Yahweh blesses you with blessings . . . of the deep that lies beneath.”
Deuteronomy 32:13 – “Yahweh gave them honey from the rocks, bringing oil from the solid rock.”
Deuteronomy 33:13 – “Yahweh blessed Joseph saying, ‘Blessed be his land . . . for what comes from the deep beneath’.”
Deuteronomy 33:19 – “They draw out the abundance of the seas, and the hidden treasures of the sand.”
Deuteronomy 33:24 – “May Asher dip his foot in oil.”
Isaiah 45:3 – “I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden wealth of secret places . . .”
Oil and Gas in Israel According the News
Starting in 2009, oil and natural gas reserves have been being located both inside Israel and along its coast:
- In 2009 the Givot Olam Oil company discovered the Meged oil field, potentially the largest oil field in Israel.
- In 2010 the Levant Basin Province had 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 122 trillion cubic feet of natural gas!
- More than 16 trillion cubic feet of natural gas were discovered off Haifa in the Leviathan deposits, again in 2010.
- In 2012, the Tamar field near Tel Aviv included the ability to pump 150 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.
- The Pelagic fields indicate a deposit of 6.7 trillion cubic feet of gas and 1.4 billion barrels of oil.
- In October 2015 Afek Oil and Gas, confirmed that it has found large reserves of shale oil in the Golan heights area! This field is said to be 350 meters thick – ten times as thick as most deposits found in other parts of the world. But not only is there oil in this area, Afek Oil has also confirmed that there are large amounts of natural gas as well.
- In August 2017 the Karish and Tanin fields, were believed to contain 55 billion cubic meters of gas.
- There is estimated to be about 48 trillion cubic in Israel’s other various locations.
But Wait, There’s More!
In October 2019 Energean Oil and Gas has increased its appraisal of the Karish Oil Field to 0.9 trillion cubic feet of natural gas resources and 34 million barrels of light oil. The Karish field is expected to have the capacity to produce 8 billion cubic meters of gas per year, starting in 2021.
The War of Gog and Magog detailed in Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39 has not yet begun, but the stage is being set big time! Several years of the discovery of oil and natural gas deposits in Israel are feeding the desire for Russia, Iran and Turkey, (all three of which are now positioned in Syria) to invade Israel to “take spoil” or “to carry off plunder” (Ezekiel 38:13).
Prophecy as foretold by the Hebrew prophets continues to unfold in an escalating pattern. The stage is nearly completely set. The great and terrible Day of Yahweh, Joseph’s Trouble, hastens forth and will not delay. Time is short – Yeshua Ha’Mashiach is coming soon – get busy reaching the lost.