The Three Witnesses
Scripture is filled with the patterns and images of three and multiples of three. The length of the ark Noah built was 300 cubits (Genesis 6:15). Noah had three sons from whom all the families of the earth were spread (Genesis 9:19). Yahweh walked through the carcasses of a heifer, she goat, and a ram, all of which were three years old (Genesis 15:9). All males are required to attend three moedim (Exodus 23:14). The special happenings of the third day is mentioned numerous times. Jonah was in the belly of the great fish three days and three nights (Jonah 1:17, Matthew 12:40). Yeshua was in the belly of the earth three days and three nights (Matthew 12:40; Mark 14:30, 72).
One of the most important triune patterns is the pattern of the three witnesses. Three witnesses are the optimum number to give testimony according to Deuteronomy 17:6, 19:15; Matthew 18:16; 1 Corinthians 14:27-29; 2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Timothy 5:19; Hebrews 10:28; and 1 John 5:7. Peter witnessed three times that he did not know Yeshua according to Matthew 26:37,75; Mark 14:30, 72; Luke 22:34, 61. Yeshua witnessed that he would rise from the dead on the third day according to Matthew 27:63; Mark 8:31; John 2:19). Wherever three are gathered, there Yeshua is present (Matthew 18:20).
1 John 5:7 -8 – “There are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.”
All of the translations except the King James translate the Greek this way. King James states “there are three that witness in heaven – the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost” (v 7), and then states that “there are three that witness in the earth – the Spirit, the water, and the blood” (v8). Perhaps an extrapolation, but still, clearly A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity.
Genesis 1:1 – “For the sake of the Son, Elohim, through and by the Son, created the heavens and the earth, and his Spirit moved over the surface . . .”
Matthew 28:19 – “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
Galatians 4:6 – “Yahweh has sent forth the Spirit [Ruach] of his son, Yeshua, into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’.”
There are three who are the one God, Elohim [אֱלֹהִים H430] in the Hebrew.
• Elohim, Son, and Spirit (Genesis 1:1)
• The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19)
• Yahweh, Yeshua, and Ruach Ha’Kodesh
Clearly there is A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity.
Three Pre-Tribulation Period Human Raptures
1 Thessalonians 4:17 – “Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up.”
• Enoch was raptured into heaven: Genesis 5:24 – Yahweh took him, Hebrews 11:5 – Yahweh translated him.
• Elijah was also raptured into heaven: 2 Kings 2:11– Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven.
• Yeshua was raptured into heaven: Acts 1:9-11– Yeshua was lifted up and a cloud received Him.
Three raptures. In each case, the person involved is taken by Yahweh into heaven. Again, we clearly see A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity.
Three Rescues From Wrath
Acts 4:12 – “And there is salvation in no one else.”
• Yeshua rescues us: 1 Thessalonians 1:10 – “Wait for Yahweh’s Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Yeshua, who rescues us from the wrath to come.”
• Yeshua obtains salvation for us: 1 Thessalonians 5:9 – “For Yahweh has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Yeshua Ha’Mashiach.”
• Yeshua keeps us: Revelation 3:10 – “I, Yeshua, will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.
Three rescues from the wrath to come, from the hour of trial. The Greek uses three different words: rescues [rhyomai ῥύομαι G4506], salvation [sōtēria σωτηρία G4991], and keep [tēreō τηρέω G5083]. Three rescues, three different words! In each case, the people involved are not subject to Yahweh’s wrath, but are saved from it by Yeshua. Again, we clearly see A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity.
• The Seal Judgments – (Revelation Chapters 4:1 thru 8:1).
• The Trumpet Judgments – (Revelation Chapters 8:2 thru 14:20).
• The Bowl Judgments – (Revelation Chapters 15:1 thru 20:3).
During the Day of Yahweh, the tribulation period, there are three sets of judgments. In each case judgment comes upon those who are living upon the earth. Again, we clearly see A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity.
The Currently Taught Two Comings of Yeshua
• First Coming: Yeshua comes to be crucified, resurrected, and pay for sin.
• Second Coming, Part 1: Yeshua comes to resurrect the dead and rapture his bride.
• Second Coming, Part 2: Yeshua comes to judge the world and set up his millennial reign.
What If There Are Three Comings of Yeshua?
Part 1 and Part 2 of what is currently called the second coming is very confusing to many. These two comings are so different and distinct, I must ask, “Why do scholars only speak of two comings of Yeshua? Wouldn’t it be a whole lot less confusing if there were three? Don’t the triune patterns indicate that there should be three?”
If we follow the triune pattern, the three comings are:
• 1st Coming – Yeshua arrives to seek the lost, to be crucified, resurrected, and raptured.
• 2nd Coming – Yeshua arrives to resurrect the dead and rapture his bride.
• 3rd Coming – Yeshua arrives to judge the world and set up his millennial reign.
This tri-fold pattern allows us to clearly see A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity, a pattern consistent with other scriptural patterns of three.
Throughout scripture we clearly see patterns of three, triune patterns, trinities. A tri-fold pattern would also allow us to clearly see A Pattern Of Three, A Triune Pattern, A Trinity, a pattern consistent with other scriptural patterns of three.