Exodus 3:15 “Yahweh said to Moses, ‘Say this to the Israelites: Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation’.”
Throughout many generations Yahweh’s name has been hidden in the scriptures by those who fear that even saying his name is taking it in vain. Different translations have changed his name to one of his titles, such as The LORDH3068, or AdonaiH136 in the Hebrew, and TheosG2316 or KuriosG2962 in the Greek. But hiding Yahweh’s name is neither Biblically accurate nor his desire. In fact, he is jealous that his NAME be known and exalted. Exodus 34:14 puts it this way: “You are not to bow down to any other god; since Yahweh — whose very name is Jealous — is a jealous God.”
When Yahweh brought the Hebrew slaves out of Egypt, he did so in order to make his name known and for his name to be honored throughout all nations. Even when they sinned against him, he acted out of concern for his name:
● Ezekiel 20:9 “But I acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, in whose sight I made myself known to them in bringing them out of the land of Egypt.”
● Ezekiel 20:14 “But I acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, in whose sight I had brought them out.”
● Ezekiel 20:22 “But I withheld my hand and acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations, in whose sight I had brought them out.”
Today we are living in the time when prophesy is being fulfilled at a rapid pace. Israel is being restored, just as prophesied in:
● Ezekiel 39:25: “Therefore Yahweh Elohim says this: ‘Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have compassion on the entire house of Israel, and I will be jealous for my holy name,” and in:
● Ezekiel 36:21-22: “Then I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel profaned among the nations where they went. Therefore, say to the house of Israel: This is what the Lord GOD says: It is not for your sake that I will act, house of Israel, but for My holy name.”
The Whys and Wherefores
Israel is back as a nation for one reason and only one reason: Yahweh is restoring Israel he says: “For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another” (Isaiah 48:11).
Yahweh also does so that “his name will be exalted forever, when it is said, “Yahweh Tzav’ot is God over Israel.” The house of your servant David will be established before you” (2 Samuel 7:26).
Yahweh’s name is to be exalted and glorified. It is to be glorified for his own sake, and we are to pray that he take concern for his name and do so, just as Yeshua did: “Father, glorify your name!” (John 12:28)!. And the response from Yahweh: “A bat-kol came out of heaven, ‘I have glorified it before, and I will glorify it again’!”